Articles on this Page
- 07/08/14--06:55: _Quem vocêé na Seleç...
- 07/07/14--16:11: _68 Thoughts Every S...
- 07/08/14--08:12: _Poorly Thought Out ...
- 07/08/14--09:06: _Watch This Martial ...
- 07/08/14--10:21: _120,000 Neymar Mask...
- 07/08/14--11:58: _Yankees Fan Sues ES...
- 07/08/14--12:07: _Twitter Can't Stop ...
- 07/08/14--13:04: _Brazilian Players H...
- 07/08/14--13:53: _Germany Crushes Bra...
- 07/08/14--14:49: _These "Brazil Riot"...
- 07/08/14--14:12: _9 Heartbreaking Pho...
- 07/08/14--15:42: _The Internet's Reac...
- 07/08/14--15:46: _Heartbreaking Pictu...
- 07/08/14--14:42: _The One Photo That ...
- 07/08/14--17:55: _Fires, Looting, And...
- 07/09/14--03:07: _This Anti-Gambling ...
- 07/09/14--05:37: _Someone Uploaded Th...
- 07/09/14--07:00: _Amazing Photo Of Th...
- 07/09/14--03:37: _Scotland See The Fu...
- 07/09/14--08:51: _Malaysian Official ...
- 07/08/14--06:55: Quem vocêé na Seleção Brasileira?
- 07/07/14--16:11: 68 Thoughts Every Swimmer Has During Practice
- 07/08/14--09:06: Watch This Martial Artist Do A Quadruple Kick And Land On His Feet
- 07/08/14--13:53: Germany Crushes Brazil 7-1 In World Cup Semifinal
- 07/08/14--14:49: These "Brazil Riot" Photos On Twitter Are Not From Today
- 07/08/14--15:42: The Internet's Reaction To Brazil's Stunning World Cup Loss
- 07/09/14--05:37: Someone Uploaded The Germany–Brazil Game To Pornhub
O único quiz pentacampeão.
Ricardo Moraes / Reuters
GET IN THE POOL!!!
Cameron Spencer / Getty Images
::5 a.m.: ALARM BLARES::
1. UGH. Is it time for swim practice AGAIN?
2. And I was just dreaming about swimming. Or maybe it was a nightmare? Whatever. I can't escape the pool.
::Drives to swimming pool, blaring pump-up music to wake self-up/prepare for the agony of jumping into an ice-cold pool.::
3. Most of my friends are still asleep right now. UGH.
4. I can't believe I am here again. I'm tired, cranky, and hungry. And I don't want to swim.
5. Whatever, I have the heart of a champion. No sport is tougher than swimming. FOOTBALL PLAYERS ARE PANSIES.
6. AT LEAST I WILL FEAST AT THE END.
NBC Universal / Olympics / Via g1ft3d.com
::Changes into bathing suit while trying not to fall asleep.::
7. It's amazing how I spend most of my day half-naked around everyone, and it's just NATURAL.
8. And we're all like, really hot. #Blessed
9. Should I pee now? Nah, I'll just pee in the pool.
10. I need to get a kickboard and pull buoy.
11. Why are there only red kickboards left? I hate the red kickboards. I only like the blue ones.
12. This is a crime against humanity. My day is already ruined because I didn't get a blue kickboard.
13. Can someone flip my cap for me? Someone? Anyone?
14. Thank you. ::Friend flips cap.:: OW OW OW OW.
::Dips toe into pool::
15. AHHHH THAT IS FREEZING. THAT IS ARCTIC. THIS IS WATER FOR A POLAR BEAR.
16. I'm not getting in.
You guys really didn’t see that one coming?
This move will come in handy for him any time he needs to knock over a cat, a child, a small grownup, and a tall grownup all at once. Honestly, this is just mesmerizing. ( Via )
The Brazilian star player won’t be playing due to injury, but expect to see about 60,000 cutouts of his face in the stands during the host country’s match against Germany.
The agencies also created a website where fans can download their own mask and share their support with the hashtag #SOMOSTODOSNEYMAR (We are all Neymar).
“What’s the deal with this guy?”
On April 13, Yankees fan Andrew Rector was caught sleeping during the fourth inning of a Red Sox-Yankees night game being broadcast on ESPN.
As the camera stayed on Rector, play-by-play announcer Dan Shulman and commentator John Kruk exchanged a few mocking remarks, reiterating "this is not the place you come to sleep," and debated about whether the man next to Rector could be a relative, arguing "physically, he could be, yeah."
Now Rector is seeking damages with a $10 million defamation suit against ESPN, Shulman, Kruk, and Major League Baseball for showing him passed out in his seat. The complaint filed on July 3 states that the plaintiff received a "verbal cascade" against him, insisting that the commentary showed him in a false light and that Shulman and Kruk published "false statements" about the plaintiff including but not limited to:
"Plaintiff is unintelligent and stupid individual.
"Plaintiff is not worthy to be fan of the New York Yankee.
"Plaintiff is a fatty cow that need two seats at all time and represent symbol of failure.
"Plaintiff is a confused disgusted and socially bankrupt individual.
"Plaintiff is confused individual that neither understands nor knows anything about history and the meaning of rivalry between Red Sox and New York Yankee.
"Plaintiff is so stupid that he cannot differentiate between his house and public place by snoozing throughout the fourth inning of the Yankee game."
A statement from ESPN refuted Rector's claims, stating "The comments attributed to ESPN and our announcers were clearly not said in our telecast. The claims presented here are wholly without merit."
Despite this, Rector claims the inflammatory terms provided in his complaint were heard "by millions of people."
Watch the video:
The Texas Rangers slugger got very nude for a cover of ESPN Magazine’s 2014 Body Issue.
The star player is not playing the remaining matches of the World Cup due to a spinal cord injury.
Buda Mendes / Getty Images
Germany 7, Brazil 1. Just wow.
This sad child witnessing devastation is every Brazilian soccer fan.
Five goals. In 30 minutes.
Warning: Old images are being posted on social media during Germany’s World Cup rout of Brazil.
This photo posted on social media purports to be Brazilian fans rioting during Germany’s 7-1 victory over Brazil.
The tweet has since been deleted by the @TheWorIdCup account.
But it's actually from June 26, 2013, when riot police clashed with demonstrators during a protest near the Mineirao Stadium in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
Reuters / Hugo Cordeiro
But again, this photo is also from June of 2013 during protests in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
AP Photo / Nelson Antoine
So. Many. Feels.
Brazil just lost 7-1 in their semi-final vs Germany.
As you might expect, the fans did not take it well.
Really not well.
A nation is stunned.
Even the son of god cannot handle this.
Back, a long time ago, before the Brazil-Germany World Cup semi-final even began, there was a saying: "God is Brazilian" people used to say to one another, innocently.
"Deus é Brasileiro."
The saddest fans ever. With slidey things!
AP Photo/Leo Correa
Poor Brazil. The hosts are out after being thrashed 7-1 by Germany.
Hundreds of fans forced to leave Copacabana beach after a mass robbery.
This afternoon, Brazil suffered one of the worst defeats in World Cup history, giving up five goals in the first 29 minutes of the match, en route to a 7-1 loss to Germany.
Robert Cianflone / Getty
Then hundreds of fans who were watching the game at Copacabana beach in Rio were forced to flee as a gang of young men carried out a mass robbery, stealing bags and jewelry from the large crowd.
As the night continued, several isolated incidents took place in different cities, including looting an electronics store and setting a bus station on fire, which may be related to the transportation strikes since busses were attacked.
Germany for the win.
The National Council on Problem Gambling in Singapore thought it was on to a winner when it made this advert warning of the dangers of betting all your money on an unlikely result.
The charity was highlighting a genuine problem, but it couldn't have picked a worse team for its fictional betting scenario, as was proved by the result last night.
"Who do you think is going to win the World Cup?"
"My dad said Brazil win."
"No, no. Argentina is going to win because Messi is going to dribble past everyone."
"How about you, Andy?"
"I hope Germany will win... My dad bet all my savings on them."
There are two sides to every photo!
Tuesday night, screengrabs of this sad Brazilian spread all over the internet.
Except there's more to the story. After the now famous picture was taken, he was surrounded by fans of Brazil and Germany.
Michael Steele / Getty Images
So Brazil suffered the biggest World Cup semi-final defeat in history at the hands of Germany on Tuesday.
Damir Sagolj / Reuters
The hosts were thrashed 7-1.
Leonhard Foeger / Reuters
Everyone in Brazil was pretty upset.
David Gray / Reuters
Eddie Keogh / Reuters
Malaysian Parliament Member Bung Moktar tweeted “Long Live Hitler” after Germany crushed Brazil, 7-1.
On Tuesday, Germany crushed Brazil in the World Cup semifinals, 7-1. Malaysian Parliament member Bung Moktar was happy about the German's dominating victory and decided to tweet about it.
Yikes! Did he just praise Hitler??
Many are criticizing Bung for his insensitive praise of Hitler, while Bung doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. “I don’t know what’s wrong with people sometimes. Hitler is part of history and the German team fought like how he did,” he told Star Online.