Articles on this Page
- 07/09/14--11:17: _Argentina Defeats N...
- 07/09/14--11:16: _24 Ridiculously Hot...
- 07/09/14--13:04: _Here's A 1992 Video...
- 07/09/14--13:10: _An Open Letter To T...
- 07/09/14--13:53: _This Guy Ran Around...
- 07/09/14--15:54: _Super Bowl Champion...
- 07/09/14--19:00: _Sheldon Cooper At T...
- 07/09/14--16:13: _39 Things You Proba...
- 07/10/14--08:34: _54 Images That Prov...
- 07/10/14--09:26: _This Dude Found Out...
- 07/10/14--01:57: _Look At The Lovely ...
- 07/09/14--18:09: _What It's Like Watc...
- 07/10/14--13:34: _The World Cup Bump ...
- 07/11/14--03:54: _L’Oréal "Drops" Wor...
- 07/11/14--08:42: _What Team Should Le...
- 07/11/14--09:22: _LeBron James Return...
- 07/11/14--10:30: _O jogo Gringo Hero ...
- 07/11/14--10:47: _The Internet Explod...
- 07/11/14--11:32: _There Is Already A ...
- 07/11/14--12:50: _31 Heartbreaking Ph...
- 07/09/14--11:17: Argentina Defeats Netherlands, Advances To World Cup Final
- 07/09/14--11:16: 24 Ridiculously Hot Soccer Dads That Will Make Your Uterus Explode
- 07/09/14--13:04: Here's A 1992 Video Of Football Players Discussing Abortion
- 07/09/14--13:10: An Open Letter To The Brazilian Team
- 07/09/14--15:54: Super Bowl Champion Writes Heartbreaking Song For His Family
- 07/09/14--19:00: Sheldon Cooper At The Tennis Is All Of Us At The Tennis
- 07/10/14--09:26: This Dude Found Out Argentina Won While On A Plane And Went Crazy
- 07/10/14--13:34: The World Cup Bump Is Real: MLS Streaming Subscriptions Are Up 300%
- 07/11/14--08:42: What Team Should LeBron James Actually Play For?
- 07/11/14--09:22: LeBron James Returning To Cleveland
- 07/11/14--10:47: The Internet Explodes As LeBron James Announces Return To Cleveland
- 07/11/14--11:32: There Is Already A LeBron James Billboard Up In Cleveland
Argentina will play Germany in the World Cup Final on Sunday.
Such awws. Much hotness.
James Rodríguez – Colombia
Arjen Robben – Netherlands
Iker Casillas – Spain
Gerard Piqué – Spain
Using football terms!
Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs introduced the topic by discussing Art Monk's overturned Super Bowl touchdown.
Mark Kelso of the Bills brought up an interesting point: "You know, if you happen to be in a crisis pregnancy right now you're probably thinking 'what right do these highly paid athlete have to preach to me?' And you'd be partly right."
Several other players brought up interesting arguments, such as:
In spite of the loss, there’s so much to be proud of.
Laurence Griffiths / Getty
We know it's a tough time.
And the pain of defeat is brutal.
Robert Cianflone / Getty
But there is still much to be hopeful for.
Michael Steele / Getty
Obey the rules or face the consequences.
YouTube user Yoni Lotan ran around the streets of New York and gave people red and yellow cards for social faux pauxs. Finally there's someone keeping the city under control.
Yoni Lotan / Via youtu.be
He started off by giving this couple a card for taking a selfie.
Yoni Lotan / Via youtube.com
Then he gave this train a yellow card for making him late.
Yoni Lotan / Via youtube.com
He even gave this Mario impersonator a red card for being fake.
Yoni Lotan / Via youtube.com
Ben Utecht worries concussions he sustained in the NFL will cause him to forget his family’s names one day.
Retired football player Ben Utecht played six seasons in the NFL, winning Super Bowl XLI with the Colts. He recently released a song about one day forgetting his family's names as a result of sustained damage from multiple concussions.
Robin Marchant / Getty Images for ESPN
Utecht is only 33, but he is already experiencing memory loss.
AP Photo/Charles Dharapak
In his new song, You Will Always Be My Girls, Utecht sings about his "mind slipping away."
The video clearly shows Utecht's worries about his future.
Ah, Tennis: An exciting game for the most part, filled with thrills and amazing performances of athletic ability.
But sometimes, it can get a bit much for all of us.
And that's when we end up looking like Jim Parsons at Wimbledon.
Like the iron is on at home.
1. President Ronald Reagan quoted the film in his 1986 State of the Union speech saying, "never has there been a more exciting time to be alive — a time of rousing wonder and heroic achievement. As they said in the film Back To The Future, 'where we're going, we don't need roads.'"
2. When President Reagan saw the scene where Doc Brown laughs in disbelief over Marty McFly informing him that Ronald Reagan "the actor" was president in 1985 he enjoyed it so much that he asked the projectionist to replay it.
3. Huey Lewis, who provided "Power of Love" and "Back in Time" to the film's soundtrack, is the judge in the battle of the bands scene who tells McFly that his music is "too darn loud."
4. John DeLorean sent a fan letter to writers Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis thanking them for "keeping my dream alive" by using his car in the movies.
5. Universal Studio's head Sid Sheinberg didn't like the title because he didn't think anyone would watch a film with the word "future" in the title and wanted it changed to "Spaceman From Pluto."
6. However Sheinberg had some great ideas as well — he was responsible for changing "Professor" Brown to "Doc" Brown and vetoing Brown having a chimpanzee as a pet in favor of a dog. He claimed, "You have to get rid of that chimp because no one's going to see a film with a chimp in it."
7. There is a sticker on Doc Brown's truck that says, "One nuclear bomb can ruin your whole day. "
There was suffering, there was crying, there was looking up at the sky . In the end the team made it to the final and they all exploded in joy.
Mario Tama / Getty Images
Martin Acosta / Reuters
Martin Acosta / Reuters
Matthias Hangst / Getty Images
Wait for it… Wait for it…
There he was chilling and chatting with this row mate.
The anxiety was real.
And then the announcement came and... He lost it.
Like, really lost it.
If you looked up “classy” in the dictionary…
This was posted on the team's Facebook page not long after they crushed Brazil in the semi-final.
We'd like to thank all Brazilians for their great hospitality and incredible geniality, Since 2006 we know how it feels to lose a semi-final in your own country. Keep your heads up high! We wish you all the best for your future.
Is it over yet?
You feel obligated to look and act like a soccer fan.
Everyone's doing it.
You are pressured into going somewhere in public to watch the games.
I recommend a bar for this.
ABC / Via wifflegif.com
Every "fan" is like this:
They'll try to get you excited, too. Ew.
And you try to keep up for a little, but you end up like this:
You're the smart one. You win in this situation. Get those z's, gurrrrrl. Get em.
U.S. soccer interest has “skyrocketed,” according to the league.
Thanks to an exciting World Cup and an unexpected run from the U.S. Men's National Team, professional soccer appears to be having a real moment in the United States. ESPN and Univision have seen huge numbers for U.S. games. Nielsen ratings put the U.S. and Portugal game at 24.7 million viewers, making made it more popular than this year's NBA finals.
And while some have attributed the bump to nothing more than the allure of soccer's biggest stage, Major League Soccer argues it is seeing stronger engagement than ever before inside the United States.
Chris Schlosser, the MLS's vice president of digital, told BuzzFeed that interest in the MLS has "skyrocketed" in the past month. Most notably, Schlosser said that since the World Cup began there has been a 300% jump in subscriptions to MLS Live, the league's subscription package that includes streaming for all regular season MLS games. (Schlosser said that MLS does not release specific subscription numbers) The league has also seen its website's monthly unique visitors multiply threefold — to a total of 6.6 million in June.
The package, which normally goes for $64, was reduced to $32 on Thursday as a mid-season special.
It's just a single data point (and a somewhat vague one at that), but one that seems to go against the argument that U.S. audiences only care about soccer when it's played on the highest international stage.
The 17-year-old’s Facebook account also appears to have been taken down.
Belgian teenager Axelle Despiegelaere became one of the faces of the World Cup, landing herself a modelling contract after being spotted in the crowd in Brazil.
MARTIN BUREAU/AFP / Getty Images
Earlier this week, the 17-year-old announced on her Facebook page she had signed with L'Oréal.
A video was released to announce the news.
After she returned to Belgium she set up a Facebook page, which quickly attracted thousands of likes.
MARTIN BUREAU/AFP / Getty Images
Let’s help the man out.
James announced his decision on Sports Illustrated ‘s website on Friday. “My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn’t realize that four years ago. I do now.”
LeBron James announced Friday he would be returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers in an article posted on SI.com.
Four years after he abandoned Cleveland for Miami, NBA superstar LeBron James has decided to return to his hometown team, James announced Friday on Sports Illustrated's website:
"Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. It's where I walked. It's where I ran. It's where I cried. It's where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like I'm their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didn't realize that four years ago. I do now."
James' decision to sign with the Cavs comes three weeks after he announced that he would opt out of his contract with the Miami Heat, under which he was slated to make $20.5 million this year. The details of James' deal with Cleveland have not been released yet. However, it was reported that James desired the max contract wherever he decided to play next year. Under the NBA collective bargaining agreement, the most that Cleveland can offer James is a four-year contract for $94.8 million ($23.7 million a year).
"I'm not having a press conference or a party. After this, it's time to get to work," James wrote on SI.com.
Speculation that James would rejoin the Cavs increased when Cleveland pulled off a three-team trade on July 10 with the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets to free up salary-cap space that would have allowed them to pay James the maximum amount.
James' decision to return to Cleveland comes four years after his very public departure from the team that came to be known as The Decision. (On July 8, 2010, ESPN broadcast James' announcement that he was leaving Cleveland for Miami during a special one-hour TV special on the network called The Decision.)
James, the Akron, Ohio native, was drafted straight out of high school by the Cleveland Cavaliers with the first overall pick in the 2003 NBA draft. He spent the first seven years of his NBA career in Cleveland where he was the 2003–04 Rookie of the Year, a two-time NBA MVP (2009, 2010), and a six-time NBA All Star, led the team to its first NBA Finals in 2007, and became the team's all-time leading scorer.
LeBron James posted this photo on his Instagram on Friday.
Dá até pra dar um cacete nuns argentinos.
Em Gringo Hero, você é um estrangeiro que vem ver a Copa no Brasil e participa dos momentos mais memoráveis do evento.
Abaixo de cada passagem há links com as notícias em português e inglês.
Você tem que desviar de mijões na Vila Madalena, em São Paulo...
...escapar da mordida do Suárez...
...e, claro, dar um cacete nuns argentinos.
The king is back.
On Friday, LeBron James announced he'd be returning to play with his former team the Cleveland Cavaliers and NBA fans are borderline hysterical.
An hour after LeBron James announced he’s returning to the Cavs, this billboard popped up in Cleveland. Note: it’s a video board. This definitely wasn’t just painted today.
Who says they’re not real fans?
By now you've probably heard that LeBron James announced that he'll be leaving the Miami Heat to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Heat fans have gotten a lot of crap for "hopping on the bandwagon" since LeBron came to town, but judging by the reaction to today's news it appears the sports world unfairly stereotyped Miami fans as a whole. They truly seem devastated.